In appreciation of the consistent unparalleled interest and support for the Campaign for Alma Mater Endowments, the NGO has seized the rare opportunity of celebrating Senator Ibikunle Amosun’s CON FCA 60th birthday in her peculiar manner, and in conjunction with the office of the State Head of Service.
Forty (40) selected students from the Ogun state governor’s alma mater, African Church Primary and Secondary schools, Owu Abeokuta were selected to embark on a 3-day visit to Shongai Farms, Port-Novo, Republic of Benin, to commemorate his birthday. Ten (10) officials accompanied the governors’ juniors for proper guide, care and monitoring. The excursion which commenced from Monday 22nd through Wednesday 24th January 2018, was targeted at exposing the pupils to life outside classrooms. It is also part of the Campaign’s ways to advocate the culture of giving back to one’s alma mater.
In the course of the tour, the students were exposed to the history of the farm; Continue reading “Campaign for Alma Mater Endowments Celebrates Governor’s 60th Birthday in Style”
An appointment for the New Executive Committee Members of Conference of Old Students and Alumni Association to pay a courtesy visit to the Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, was obtained. The visit held at 10 am on Tuesday, 23rd January 2018 at the office of the Governor. The group was well received by the governor. In response to the numerous request presented before him, he promised to donate a sum of ten million naira (N10,000,000) to the Initiative, out of which he donated one million naira (1,000,000) instantly.
At the end of the courtesy visit, the executives proceeded to the regional head office of the EIDWN to hold a meeting with the theme: ‘The Practical of the Vision Commonly Shared’.
An appreciation letter was sent to his Excellency for receiving the excos of Conference of Old Students warmly during the courtesy visit. His Excellency was praised for the various laudable Initiatives he is taking in Ogun State. The Conference in addition reiterated the requests earlier made to the governor.
- The inauguration started at about 10:45am. The opening prayer was said by a member of the Board of Trustees of the NGO, Mrs. Oyawale.
- The conference of Old Student/Alumni Association in Western Nigeria’s Inauguration of Executive Committees organized by Educational Initiative for Development in Western Nigeria took place at plot 3, Golf Resort Drive, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State on Thursday 4th January 2018. After the introduction of all attendees, the Managing Trustee of the Educational Initiative for Development in Western Nigeria Mr. Adebowale Thompson in his welcome address expressed his joy and gratitude for the presence of the executives despite transport difficulties. He further expressed his assurance in their qualification, competence, commitment and ability for the assignment ahead. Finally he thanked them for accepting the invitation of a selfless service to our fatherland.
- A Trustee of the NGO, the Head of Service of Ogun State Civil Service, Mr. Abayomi Sobande shared the vision of the conference “Schools of the Future Now!” He charged the newly inaugurated Executives to keep the fire burning noting that Government cannot solve all the challenges alone, hence the need to put in place task teams comprising of the Conference of Old Students and Alumni Associations that would work in tender with ideals and objectives of the Campaign for Alma Mater Endowments to achieve a better platform to secure schools of the Future.
- Mr. Sobande also called on stakeholders in the educational sector, market men and women, artisans among others to rise up and return to their schools to “Do Something!” no matter how small in order to improve the falling standard of education in the country. The Chairman Board of Trustees of the Educational Initiative for Development in Western Nigeria, Mr. Michael Oyawale inaugurated the Executive Committee of the Conference of Old Students/Alumni Associations of Western Nigeria as follows:
Continue reading “Report of the Inauguration of Executive Committees of Conference of Old Students and Alumni Associations held on Thursday 4th January, 2018 at Plot 3, Golf Resort Drive, Oke-Mosan, Ogun State.”
Some of our programmes have featured in the following dailies:
1. The South West Town Hall Meeting which was held at the DLK Events Centre, Abiola Way, Abeokuta on the 11th July, 2017.
- The Nation Newspaper, Wednesday 12th July, 2017 page 42.
- Saturday Tribune, Saturday 15th July, 2017 page 32.
- New Telegraph, Monday 17th July, 2017 Page21.
2. The Alma Mater day of 10th October, 2017 which took place at Oba’s
Continue reading “Dates of Publications”